Tenerife Property Shop offer a tailor made service to overseas property buyers in Tenerife. We assist you through all the stages, with information and advice before you come to Tenerife, through the purchase process and for many years afterwards. Here is a brief rundown of some of the services you can expect as a client of Tenerife Property Shop:
Before you come to Tenerife
• Using phone and email, we will narrow down your requirements, so that when you get here, you make the best possible use of your spare time. Tenerife Property Shop has the largest portfolio of properties available and there are many hundreds to choose from. Add to these all the Bank Repossessions that we also have access to, plus the portfolios of other agents that we have working relationships with and there is no doubt that we can identify the best property that suits your circumstances and requirements.
• The better we understand your requirements, the more accurately we can short list the right portfolio for you to view.
• Getting the financial arrangements organised can be a lengthy process. Tenerife Property Shop has excellent relations with banks and lending institutions, and in order to save you time, we can pre-qualify you so that you know exactly what lending is available for your purchase.
When you get to Tenerife
• We’ll meet you at the airport and take you to your accommodation (subject to availability).
• When you have settled in, we will meet again and then start to view properties. You will find our representative knowledgeable and experienced, and they will be able to discuss all aspects of the properties that we show you. All properties that are show to you will carry all required legal documentation.
• When you decide which property you wish to purchase, then we will be able to recommend a lawyer who will act on your behalf. Although we recommend from a small number of lawyers in whom we have built confidence over the years, you can choose any lawyer you prefer.
Purchasing a property
During the sale process, clients of Tenerife Property Shop are covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance. We are the ONLY agent in Tenerife qualified to offer you this security
• In order to secure and reserve your chosen property, we will prepare a private contract between you and the seller. You will transfer a holding deposit, kept in a client account and underwritten by our Professional Indemnity Insurance (which covers amounts up to €1,000,000), to ensure complete security.
• Our contracting department will work with your lawyer to ensure that all checks are made regarding the property, so that there are no complications and unencumbered title deeds can be transferred.
• We will assist you in opening a bank account.
• We will assist you in the application for a Spanish fiscal identity number (NIE), which is required for property purchase.
• We will liaise with mortgage lenders on your behalf to ensure that funds are in place for the transfer of title deeds.
• When all checks are made, documents are in place and finances organised, we will make an appointment at the Notary’s office for the transfer of title. You do not have to attend this yourself, if the date is inconvenient, but you can appoint your lawyer to do so on your behalf.
After your purchase
After purchase, your property is covered by Title Deed Insurance, protecting your home for 20 years. Only Tenerife Property Shop clents benefit from this insurance in Tenerife.
• If you require, our contracting department will ensure that all services (water, electricity, phone, community) are in your name and debited from your bank account.
• We can advise you on the appropriate insurance policies for your property, health etc.
• We can refer you to qualified and reliable suppliers, if required. We do not receive commissions from any other company for these referrals, and we only refer companies that have shown that they have given a good service at a fair price. For example:
o Furnishing and interior décor
o Acquiring a multiple entry visa
o Financial services
o Tradesmen and home improvement services
o Property management and rentals